We are looking for a Mid-level or Senior Backend Programmer to join the core game development team where this person will play an important role in our small, fast-moving team building scalable, green-field, backend services in support of massively multiplayer game.
- Design and implement new services from scratch
- Maintain and improve existing systems that support our games
- Backend development in collaboration with other teams
- On-call support of the life game on rota
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar role on mobile or PC titles with large userbases
- Experience maintaining and provisioning cloud services like AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Solid knowledge of Java or any object-oriented language
- Knowledge and experience of designing microservices at scale
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in Go
- Experience in running live multiplayer games
- Experience in different kinds of databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis)
- Experience in container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience in setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in monitoring tools and observability (Prometheus, Grafana)
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 17 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Czech, French, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Hindi, Arabic, Slovak, Hebrew, Ukrainian, Dutch, Bulgarian and Greek
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.