We are looking for a highly talented and experienced Concept Artist to join the core game development team. Equipped with a strong artistic vision and imagination, this person will bring characters, environments and other designs to life. As a Concept Artist, you will be playing a key role in developing compelling and iconic game worlds and experiences.
- Working within the constraints and contributing to the visual style and ensuring our designs are of the RHG quality bar.
- Sketching, ideating, and iterating new character/environment/prop concepts in collaboration with other developers.
- Developing detailed concept art and orthographs for 3D artists and animators to implement into working game assets.
- Partnering with designers, programmers and other departments involved.
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game development (PC and/or console).
- Experience in realistic settings and a good understanding of Visual Design and Storytelling.
- Versatility and the ability to design environments, characters, props, etc.
- Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience.
- Ability to prototype in 3D, work directly with the 3D artists, and knowledge of 3D software.
- Experience working with Photoshop or other relevant painting/design tools.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Skills in traditional illustration, 3d modeling, texturing, or rigging.
- High level proficiency in 3Ds Max
- Worked with Unreal Engine 4
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- Redhill Games is one of the most promising game start-ups to come out of Europe lately; it has proven leadership, an all-star development team with background in some of the biggest companies in the games industry and a solid financial backing.
- Players and community mean a lot at Redhill – We want to develop our games with the help of our players. It takes a dialogue, not a monologue, to make amazing games that last for years and decades.
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 18 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Czech, Slovak, French, Portuguese, Hindi, Vietnamese, Hebrew, Arabic, Ukrainian, Dutch, Bulgarian and Romanian
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our HQ office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- Our South office is located in the capital of the sunny island of Cyprus, Nicosia. You’ll get summer all year round, easy reach to mountains and sea, waterfalls and rivers.
- If you are not already based in Finland, we will help you to relocate!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.