We are looking for a Game Designer to join the core game development team. The ideal candidate will be working on key features in the second to second gameplay, controls, and combat from start on the paper all the way to cooperating with the programmers and integrating and tweaking the features in the engine.
- Taking ownership of designing, prototyping, and implementing various gameplay features and driving them from the paper to the final quality
- Creating designs, specifications, and mockups to demonstrate your ideas to the team
- Working closely with programmers, artists, animators and audio designers on delivering the best possible results for your features
- Collaborating with other designers and design leads on the given features
- 3+ years working on PC and/or console 3rd or 1st person game
- Shipped at least 1 game in design role
- Experience working in cross-discipline teams with programmers, artists and animators
- Has been responsible of developing entire gameplay features from start to finish
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Has done combat or 3C on shipped game
- Worked on multiplayer games
- Worked with Unreal Engine 4
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 17 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese and Greek.
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (email@example.com). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio and your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.