We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join our core game development team in Helsinki, Finland to work on our first title – Nine to Five.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be working in cross-discipline teams creating various game systems and features from scratch. You will have a lot of say in how things work, how they are developed and maintained.
- Creating compelling game systems, ranging from player movement to gunplay to in-game purchases
- Polishing the systems so our players find them easy and fun to use
- Providing necessary tools to designers to efficiently use the systems
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Proficient in C++
- Has worked on gameplay
- Has worked in cross-discipline teams with artists and designers
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft
The ideal candidate will also have
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Has worked on PC and/or console shooters
- Shipped a game or two
- Worked on real-time multiplayer games
- Worked on varying gameplay tasks including AI and animation
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We don’t make a lot of noise about it but, Redhill Games is one of the most promising game start-ups to come out of Europe lately; it has proven leadership, an all-star development team and solid financial backing.
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We’re all adults and have a life too. Need to work remote on occasion? Sick kid? Not a problem, we’ll figure it out.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 20 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Greek.
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.