We are looking for a highly talented and experienced Lead Animator to join the game development team where you will be leading creation of the in-game animations with the highest quality standards using keyframe as well as mocap techniques.
- Leading the Animation team
- Together with the Art Lead defining specs for the new roles in the team
- Taking responsibility for the full employment cycle of the direct reports – hiring, performance & development and termination
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Setting standards for the animation work, building animation systems
- Taking part in the production meetings representing the team and reporting on the plans, achievements and difficulties
- Working in close collaboration throughout different departments to assure propriety implementation of animations within game engine
- Creating key frame animation as well as working with motion capture data for in-game assets while following the given style guide
- Ensuring timely completion of animation commitments at the desired quality bar
- Partnering with designers, programmers and other departments involved
- 7+ years of experience in game development animation (PC and/or console), at least 2 of those in a managerial role
- Excellent understanding of Unreal Engine animation systems and Blueprints
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations
- Good understanding and experience in gameplay animation
- Good knowledge of human and animal anatomy and movement, body language and the mechanics of expression of emotion
- Great communication and organizational skills in working with others throughout the entire game development process
- Expertise with Maya and Houdini
- Expertise with creating, optimizing, and owning gameplay animation graphs
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation as needed
The ideal candidate will also have
- Interest in animating both organic and mechanical systems
- Skills in writing Maya python scripts
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 23 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Greek.
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio and your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.