We are looking for a Lead Character Artist to join the core game development team.
This person will have a key role in establishing the look, design and creation of the characters that populate the game worlds. The right candidate has the passion in crafting iconic characters and skills produce stunning, high quality and efficient AAA game content.
- Leading the character art team in development of high-quality AAA characters
- Modeling, texturing and implementation of real-time character models
- Contributing to the references, concepts, and art direction, while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Working closely with the team and external partners to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- Shipped a PC/Console title as a Lead Character Artist
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game development (PC and/or console)
- You have the passion to create designs fit for a first-person shooter game
- Demonstrated ability in designing and crafting believable characters
- You have proficient knowledge of Unreal Engine, Maya / Modo / MudBox / ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter or equivalent package.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Understanding of industrial and product design
- Interest and understanding of believable military aesthetics and designs
- You have excellent understanding of form, shape, structure, and anatomy.
- Strong traditional art skills such as painting, drawing or sculpting.
- Experience with modular character sets
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 20 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Greek.
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio and your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.