We are looking for a Senior Backend Programmer to join the core game development team where this person will play an important role in our small, fast-moving team building scalable, green-field, backend services in support of massively multiplayer game.
- Design and implement new services from scratch
- Maintain and improve existing systems that support our games
- Backend development in collaboration with other teams
- On-call support of the life game on rota
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar role on PC or mobile titles with large userbases
- Experience maintaining and provisioning cloud services like AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Solid knowledge of Java or any object-oriented language
- Knowledge and experience of designing microservices at scale
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in Go
- Experience in running live multiplayer games
- Experience in different kinds of databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis)
- Experience in container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience in setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in monitoring tools and observability (Prometheus, Grafana)
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We don’t make a lot of noise about it but, Redhill Games is one of the most promising game start-ups to come out of Europe lately; it has proven leadership, an all-star development team and solid financial backing.
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We’re all adults and have a life too. Need to work remote on occasion? Sick kid? Not a problem, we’ll figure it out.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 23 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Greek.
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (email@example.com). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.