We are looking for a talented Technical Artist to be a direct line of technical art support for our upcoming first person shooter’s content team.
The ideal candidate is an expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games.
- Working with several different disciplines including lighting, rigging, and animation being generalist enough to support various matters as they may arise
- Working closely with animators, programmers and artists to solve problems in the content creation process.
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of PC development.
- Providing hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Helping to review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Developing 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solving challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- 5+ years of experience with 3Ds Max / Maya / Houdini in game industry
- At least one shipped PC or console game title
- Knowledge/experience of Unreal development
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer
- Experience in modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
- Experience in Unreal art content creation (shaders, blueprints)
- Ability to balance quality and technical constraints
- Ability to work with technical documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with multiplayer games and games as a service
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition)
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 12 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Czech, French, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Hindi, Arabic, Slovak, German, Hebrew and Greek
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.