We are looking for an experienced Weapon Artist to join the core game development team. The right candidate has the passion in crafting iconic guns to ensure our FPS players enjoy the feel and performance of their weapons.
- Taking part in building weapon pipeline and their customization
- Building weapons and customization parts
- Creating content when needed from whiteboxing to production quality assets
- Cooperating with the technical Art team to place ready assets into the engine
- Working closely with the team and external partners to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- Being able to follow references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game development (PC and/or console)
- Proficient knowledge of Unreal Engine, PBR Materials, Maya / Modo / MudBox / ZBrush, Substance Painter or equivalent package
- Good understanding of the texturing workflows in UE
- Ability to Identify functional and technical aspects of real life assets
- Structured and technical artist with experience in outsource management
- Excellent abilities in hard surface modeling
- Excellent abilities in photo-realistic texturing and surfacing work
The ideal candidate will also have
- Interest and understanding of believable weapon aesthetics and designs
- You have excellent understanding of form, shape and structure
- Strong traditional art skills such as painting, drawing or sculpting
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 19 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Greek.
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (email@example.com). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.