We are looking for a UI Programmer to join our core game development team in Helsinki, Finland to work on a non-announced shooter game project.
As a UI Programmer, you will be working closely with our UX, UI, and game designers to create fluid and easy-to-use user interfaces that convey the right information at the right time in a clear and understandable way.
- Implement in-game UI in Unreal Engine 4 according to UI/UX designs
- Ensure user interfaces work well with different resolutions, aspect ratios and physical screen sizes
- Ensure user interfaces work well with different input methods
- Debug and troubleshoot problems in unfamiliar code through careful analysis
- Communicate with external partners to resolve issues and develop efficient solutions
- Experience in implementing scalable in-game UI
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft
- Proficient in C++ and/or C
- Comfortable in Lua or similar scripting languages
- Strong grasp of object-oriented design principles
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with additional languages such as Python or C#
- Experience with Game UI Frameworks such as Coherent or Scaleform
- Experience with UE4 UMG and its Blueprint designer panel
- Passion for Game UI/UX
- Impressive demo/samples of previous work
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We don’t make a lot of noise about it but, Redhill Games is one of the most promising game start-ups to come out of Europe lately; it has proven leadership, an all-star development team, and solid financial backing.
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We’re all adults and have a life too. Need to work remotely on occasion? Sick kid? Not a problem, we’ll figure it out.
- We are very international – we already have representatives from 23 countries on the team!
- We love, play, and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located in downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops, and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa, and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
Are you feeling it?
Simply press the little red button below to send us an e-mail (email@example.com). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include your CV/LinkedIn!