We are looking for a talented Visual Effects Artist to create stunning visual effects for our upcoming first person shooter. The ideal candidate will show strong attention to detail backed up with excellent artistic and technical understanding.
- Design and implementation of high-quality Visual Effects to support gameplay, story and art direction
- Translate reference, concept art, story boards, written game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototype and implement real-time VFX in game
- Create a wide variety of real-time special effects using sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders; e.g. rain, snow, smoke, explosion, destruction, weapon, fire, geometry, surface shader, and full screen effects
- Create and optimize VFX to run within performance limitations
- Identify and implement best practices of VFX workflow
- Work with Art, Design and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- R&D on new industry technology and trends to improve the project’s visual quality and efficiency
- Prioritize, plan, and organize VFX Domain tasks
- 5+ years of professional VFX experience in game industry
- At least one shipped PC or console game title
- Knowledge/experience of Unreal development
- Proficient in creating high quality VFX using Maya, Houdini, or other equivalent tools
- A creative thinker who feels comfortable experimenting and presenting approaches and solutions that help push the edge of what’s possible with FX
- Production experience utilizing particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations
- Able to balance quality and technical constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with multiplayer games and games as a service
- Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team
Why should you join Redhill Games?
- We have a great team of passionate game developers so you will not be alone!
- We value character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- We are very international – in the team we already have representatives of 12 countries!
- We speak the same language – Yes, it’s English! Among other languages we have Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Czech, French, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Hindi, Arabic, Slovak, German, Hebrew and Greek
- We love, play and develop games – you will always have someone to play with!
- Our office is conveniently located downtown Helsinki, with tons of options for transportation, shops and restaurants all within reach.
- If Finland is not your base, we will help you relocate and you will get to love the country of Moomins, Santa and coffee!
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits!
You feeling it?
Just press the little red button below to send us e-mail (email@example.com). Tell us a bit about yourself and don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio and your CV/LinkedIn! We would love to know more about you.